Weekly Text Sources and Reading Strategies:
Class Overview: Enrichment Syllabus (PDF file)
Students will be able to read closely to …
- determine what the text says explicitly and make logical inferences from it.
- cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from text.
- determine central ideas or themes of a text.
- analyze the development of themes.
- summarize key supporting details and ideas.
- First 10-15 minutes, Silent Sustained Reading (SSR) — All students are required to bring a book to read daily.
- Students will have an “A Day” and a “B Day” enrichment class.
- Each class will focus on reading strategies and opportunities to practice reading a variety of texts.
Enrichment at Stoller (3:02)